Friday, August 4, 2017

Gifts that give X2

This is my latest design  for charity and my future education. I have several gift options to choose from. There are also several other designs to choose from. 50 percent of the funds will be going to help burn victims in the United States. 50 percent will got towards my education and ability to spend the rest of my time volunteer in my community.

You can purchase this design and others at the Cafepress site.

Caregiver wants to keep on giving
For 25 years I have wanted to be a Paramedic. I believe that some of us are born to help others. Some of us are born to be advocates for the children in our cities, the elderly in our neighborhoods, and the community around us. Unfortunately, my career and community goals were put on hold to take care of other people.

I don't see this part of my life as a negative situation. The years of helping and taking care of others have given hands on training that no school could provide. I have had lessons in life that caused great personal growth.

In the past three years, I have had to deal with over 200 medical emergencies, behavioral emergencies, and security incidents at one of Fort Worth's local homeless shelters. I have professionally grown from being head of a cleaning team to campus supervisor.

Three years of working along side local Emergency Medical Technicians, Firefighters, Paramedics, and Police Officers has only strengthened my drive to become one of the family.

It is time to chase after my goals and help the community at the same time. While training to become an Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, and then Field Training Officer I would like to spend the rest of my time volunteering at the local homeless shelters. I would also like to join the Frt Worth Emergency Response team, and Citizens on Patrol.

I'm gocused on raising $20,000 during 2017/2018 so that I can focus on school and giving back to the community. The financial support will allow me to:
  • Attend school full-time
  • Tutor others who are seeking certification as a EMT and Paramedic
  • Tutor others who are seeking to learn Spanish, Vietnamese, and Sign Language
  • Volunteer at my church
  • Volunteer at the local homeless shelter
  • Attend discussions with international EMS organizations and then share that information with other students
  • Attend industry conferences and share that information with other students.

Along with posting updates here I plan on keeping an online journal about my progress. I will also keep a expenditure report about each expense so that donors will know exactly what the donations will be spent on.

Expenses will be as minimal as they can possibly be
  • Rent: $6000
  • Phone: $720
  • Public Transportation: $800
  • Food: $1200
  • School Tuition: $6000
  • Local and National EMS Conferences: $2000
  • Used Laptop $300

I really appreciate any help that can be given towards my goal. I'm really excited about getting out into the city and helping people/students while I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment