Saturday, August 5, 2017

Let's talk about diet EMT/Paramedic

Emt, firefighters, paramedics losing weight
Any EMT or Paramedic training program will require a physical before a student can start courses. Somehow after training Emergency Medical Technicians, Firefighters, and Paramedics forget about their diet. Or they may fall into using food as a coping mechanism to stress. This is not beneficial to the public servant or the patient.

I was thinking about starting another blog on the topic of restaurants and being a foodie. Perhaps it was not a topic that would be good for someone who is trying to lose weight, become an EMT, and move up the career ladder in the Emergency Medical System. Then the realization that there are first respondents that would enjoy restaurant reviews, food reviews, recipes, and just the topic of food.

I know a Firefighter who is a foodie and a grill Master. I know a Police Officer who has a fascination with Crispy Cream donuts. I personally have been cooking and baking since I was six. I did my first dinner party at the age of 10. I helped family at catering events at the age of 14.

The subject of reataurants and food is going to be different. It is important for a EMT, Firefighter, and Paramedic to be healthy. What if healthy alternatives were discussed along with the food and restaurant reviews. What if food near you was good for you? This would be places to find good food with a healthy diet twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment