Saturday, August 5, 2017

Try to look for the silver lining job applicants

Job interviews can be tough. Panel interviews can be especially tough when the job applicant has not interviewed in a couple of years. A person sitting in front of an interview board may think of the job under a different industry and is not what the panel is looking for. One could get upset. The same job applicant could lose their drive to look for new employment.

Sometimes job applicants have to sit back from an interview that went bad and consider the positives that had happened. I personally had to do this a couple of days ago when a City of Fort Worth interview went south. I left the office feeling a little bit defeated but not crushed. The ride home from the job interview caused me to think about what just happened.

So what were the positives that came out of this bad job interview?

  • 911 Dispatch job interview questions that I am able to share with you
  • Support from a Fort Worth Police Officer that told me to not give up on my goals
  • Some great photographs of local Police vehicles and Fire Equipment
  • I learned how to handle the rejection well
  • I was able to donate towards kids getting school supplies
  • I got to joke around with a Firefighter that I know
  • I connected with a new Police Officer
  • I gained support from people that I didn't expect it from
So even though the day started out with a negative, the day ended well and peaceful. I will continue to work on my charity and put my career applications with other companies that I would be excited to have a job with.

No comments:

Post a Comment